Sign-up (or Login if you've already joined) to Trip to save searches, get tailored results sent to you and much much more…
· Using only one term can bring back a large number of results, so think of additional terms to help qualify the search e.g. asthma and steroids.
· Phrase searching is achieved by placing the phrase within quotation marks.
· In addition to Boolean searching you can also use brackets to enhance the search e.g. “(measles OR mumps) and pregnancy”
· On the results page you can filter your results based on an evidence based medicine hierarchy e.g. evidence-based synopses, systematic reviews. Use the “Filter by” function on the left-hand side of the screen.
· The advanced search (link is to the right of the Search button) gives more flexibility around searching, you may want to try using that.